Updated March 2016
English Plaza Workshops
- Faculty choose one topic and do at least one workshop per academic year.
- Faculty scheduled to teach a workshop in spring semester must inform George of the topic, date and time by April 22nd. The workshop will replace the EL or AA duties for that day.
- If faculty do a workshop in a pair, they must do the workshop twice in one academic year.
- The workshop must be between 30 and 90 minutes in length.
- Workshops can also be designed for GTI faculty at a team development meeting.
- Consult the workshop schedule while choosing your workshop day.
2016-2017 Academic Year
Spring Workshops: Alexis, Amanda, Brandon, Cassie, Christine, Daniel, Ed, Eric, Hannah, Jeff, Jessica G., Jessica S., Jonathan, Joseph, Karissa, Kate
Fall Workshops: Kevin, Kodiak, Lorna, LeeLee, Lindsay, Michael, Michelle, Rachel, Ramon, Rick, Ryan F., Ryan M., Sara, Skyler, Stephen, Tracy, Vanessa
Here are some ideas for workshops:
- TOEIC Skills
- Study abroad (pre/post)
- Time management
- Writing emails
- Singing songs in English
- Presentation skills
- Explaining Japanese culture/food in English
- Job interviews
Note: Students who attend these workshops may be eligible for bonus points (at the discretion of their Communication Basic or English Production instructor).
|O = freshmen students available X = sophomore students available|
|9:10 – 10:40||X||Half of the freshmen are available / All even number section sophomore students are available / 10:50 – Odd number sophomores are available||X||Half of the freshmen are available||X|
|9:10 – 10:10||Even number sophomores are available||X||X|
|10:50 – 12:20|
|10:15 – 11:15||Odd number sophomores are available||X||X|
|11:20 – 12:20||X||X||X|
|13:10 – 14:40||O / X||X||O / X||X||O / X|
|14:50 – 16:20||O / X (some sophomores might be taking advanced courses)||O / X||O / X||O / X||O / X|
|16:30 – 18:00||O / X||O / X||O / X||O / X|