Updated December 2016

Pension Certificate

To receive reimbursement for your pension contributions while working in GTI, please keep your pension certificate. If you cannot find your pension letter from the Japan Pension Service, you can be re-issued the letter at the Kawagoe Japan Pension Service. Bring your passport and residence card to Kawagoe Japan Pension Service.

GTI faculty have two options when receiving their pension.

1. Lump-sum

  • The Lump-sum amount is decided based on salary and enrollment period; however the maximum period of the lump sum amount is 36 months’ worth. Therefore, you can receive 3 years worth even if you enroll more than 3 years.

2. Totalization

  • If your period of work is 3 to10 years, you can apply for the totalization agreement between USA and Japan. If you apply, and total enrollment period exceeds 10 years, your will receive Japanese pension after 65 years old.

If you need more information, please call PMAC at 03-3813-5321 directly. PMAC has English-speaking staff. 

Kawagoe Japan Pension Service Address:

15-13 Wakitahonchō, Kawagoe-shi, Saitama-ken 350-1123

2015 GTI HANDBOOK_Page_132